Thursday, April 5, 2012

We Are Home

As you all know...we arrived home around 4:00 yesterday afternoon.  Unloaded buses, hugged moms and dads, carried treasures and dirty clothes to cars and now settling back into our busy lives.  


Our last day was spent at Arlington National Cemetery.  It was an overwhelming emotional experience for many.  The changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier was powerful.  From there we went to Kennedy's grave then knowing our time was short my family went to find Matt Lourey's grave.  Another emotional moment to say good bye to a hometown hero.


I want to give another shout out...


To all the students from EC and WR.  These marching band students are the bomb.  They went with the flow through all the changes and craziness DC threw our way.  


I can personally only speak about bus #2...our kids were polite, quiet and kept our bus clean and neat.


WAY TO GO LADIES AND GENTS!


Hope we will see you all again in 2014 for Florida. Except for all the seniors who will leave us this spring.


I hope you will share the best and funnest photos you have with me so I can create a memory disk for everyone.


My email is...knelson@eastcentral.k12.mn.us
Our buses

Monday's sunset from our hotel room

Arlington National Cemetery

Changing of the guard


Funeral procession

Our hometown hero

Iwo Jima Memorial



My email is...knelson@eastcentral.k12.mn.us

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kayla, so much for your work on this blog. We're so happy that Luke was able to experience this, but it's nice to have him home too.

    ReplyDelete